A Leader in Developing Optimized
Mindset Pharma is a Toronto-based drug discovery business focused on creating novel and patentable psychedelic compounds for the treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders. Founded in 2019 by domain experts in drug development, medicinal chemistry and capital markets, Mindset (OTCQB:MSSTF; CSE:MSET) is assembling a proprietary library of transformative psychedelic intellectual property designed to address chronic neuropsychiatric disorders efficiently and safely.
Innovative Psilocybin Synthesis
- Market needs a source of high quality and low-cost psilocybin.
- Mindset’s patent-pending psilocybin synthesis process can yield GMP–grade psilocybin at a significant discount to the market price.
- Improvements include:
- milder reaction conditions and fewer synthesis steps;
- easily obtained commercially available raw materials and reagents; and
- suitability for multi-kg scale manufacturing; and lower environmental impact.
- Leading International CDMO engaged to synthesize 1 KG of GMP psilocybin
Comprehensive IP Coverage
- 8 patent applications filed covering a broad range of novel, next generation drugs inspired by psilocybin, DMT, & 5-MeO-DMT, as well as a novel psilocybin synthesis method
Broad Pipeline of Differentiated Drug Candidates
- Over 100 new drug candidates screened
- Lead compound MSP-1014 identified for clinical development for mood disorders; demonstrated superior preclinical efficacy to psilocybin
- Strong signals of favorable differentiation across portfolio compared to first generation drugs in safety, effect size, and duration
Strong Progress Towards Commercialization
- Development collaboration with the McQuade Center for Strategic Research and Development, LLC (“MSRD”), a member of the global Otsuka family of pharmaceutical companies Opportunity for additional partnership agreements
First Big Pharma Partnership Focused on New DrugsMindset entered into a partnership with the R&D arm of Otsuka Pharmaceutical, a global leader in bringing CNS medications to market
- All development expenses paid for exclusively by Otsuka for Family 2 & 4 drugs through the completion of phase 1B (anticipated to be within 12-18 months)
- Total cost of developing multiple families through phase 1B may be up to US$45M1
- US$5M cash payment + potential milestone payments
- ALL FUNDING NON-DILUTIVE in exchange for ROFN & ROFR on Family 2 & 4 drugs
- Extensive operational support provided by Otsuka, eliminating significant future G&A costs by Mindset
- Following completion of the collaboration, Mindset will potentially own multiple Phase 2 ready drug candidates with the ability to negotiate an additional transaction with Otsuka
Mindset is the first and only group to partner with big pharma on new psychedelic drugs – partnership de-risks and validates Mindset program
- Opportunity for additional partnership agreements
- The McQuade Center for Strategic Research and Development and Mindset Pharma Collaborate to Develop Psychedelic Medicines – January 5, 2022
- Mindset to Participate in the H.C. Wainwright BioConnect Conference on Jan. 10-13, 2022 – January 4, 2022
- Mindset Pharma Recaps 2021 Milestones and Highlights – December 30, 2021
- Mindset Pharma Announces Filing of International Patent Application Covering its Family 3 “Microdose” Compounds – December 28, 2021
- Mindset Pharma to Participate in Citi’s Psychedelic Drug Call Series on Jan. 6th – December 16, 2021